To post messages please, Login or Register

Slow weight loss.

Home Forums Intermittent Fasting Forum Eat Stop Eat Basics Slow weight loss.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Kelly Kelly 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Tractor1
    Participant

Hello
    I’ve been fasting twice a week for 2 months and 10 days and have lost a few pounds. My goal is to not count calories and just what I’m hungry for. I was told that an appetite correction would take place and I would eat less pretty much automatically. Should I give it more time?

Anna
    Participant

I’ve lost 8 pounds in 5 weeks. I think one problem I’m having is my ‘eat’ days. I saved the last 2 for special occasions and probably went over my maintenance calories. It really does matter that you stay within your calorie limits for eat up days.

Isabelle
    Isabelle
    Participant

In the beginning you need to count calories during your “eat” days. I guess it’s the main reason why your weight loss is slow. You just eat above your body maintenance level.

Also, keep in mind that it’s beter to focus on the process, not results. For example, I focus on the process of eating at a deficit and working out for three weeks before I expect anything, and even then, I may or may not see anything on the scale. But if I still keep going I will finally see the results I want.

It will work even if you avoid stepping on the scale. The process always works.

It’s a really slow process. If you get too fixated on the results you will stay discuraged. This is nothing new. We all have to learn to wait for the results. There is no fix for it, so you muster up the mentality or you quit.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Isabelle Isabelle.
    Kelly
    Kelly
    Participant

Just like Izabelle has said…you just have to keep going. It most definitely is a slow process.

Also, take your measurements. Perhaps you have lost inches when the scale doesn’t cooperate many time the tape measure will. As long as you are putting in the effort you will be rewarded.

Another thing to think about is there are all kinds of places where you body will shed fat and you don’t typically measure. Face, feet, knees, fingers, ankles, and even your insides are getting leaner. Your liver and heart and stuff are getting leaner – always a good thing.

So it may seem like nothing is happening but as long as you are eating at a deficit most days you are going to be getting healthier and you will be losing fat. Just keep going.

Tractor1
    Participant

Hey guys update:
    I am now down to 192ish lbs. started from 243. It was weird the weeks I counted calories I had a harder time losing weight, but the weeks where I stopped counting I would lose. Is it possible counting somehow makes me override what my body is telling me?

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by  Tractor1.
    Isabelle
    Isabelle
    Participant

Great job, man!

I think it’s harder to lose weight on days you count calories is because of so called “Calorie Counting Error”. I learned about it in the Venus Factor book by John Barban. He tells that in reality we eat more calories than food labels or calorie countiner databases say. So he advises:

1. Add 10-15% more calories per item of food you have eaten based on what your food labels and calorie counters say.

2. Subtract 10-15% from the amount of calories you think you’ve burned from any workout or activity you’ve performed based on what the exercise machines say or any online activity calculator.

These two rounding factors should cover any labeling errors and mistakes incorporated into metabolic rate estimators and calculators.

Hope this helps you.

Tractor1
    Participant

You said in the begining you need to count calories, does this mean eventually the appetite and stomach shrinks to the point its not really necessary?

Kelly
    Kelly
    Participant

If you have been counting calories, at least, for a few months, you already can FEEL how much you eat without any calculation. Right? Sure, your stomach will shrink, but you still need to use your common sense. Also, remember that you don’t need to be in calorie deficit every DAY to lose weight steadily. All need is to be in calorie deficit every WEEK. This is why intermittent fasting works for weight loss in the first place.

Tractor1
    Participant

I did not really count calories, I just ate by feel. I noticed if I did not pay attention to eating I started to slow down before my plate was empty, it possible the fasting has trained my ability to feel when Ive had enough?

Kelly
    Kelly
    Participant

Probably fasting has trained you to eat less than you do before (overeating). Or maybe your stomach size has decreased. Anyway, do what works for you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.