To post messages please, Login or Register

I’m going to try a 2 day fast

Home Forums Intermittent Fasting Forum Fasting for Weight Loss I’m going to try a 2 day fast

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  JayeGirl 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

JayeGirl
    Participant

I want to do a 2 day fast (48 hours) starting tomorrow. Any suggestions or tips? so far my longest fast was 23 hours. thx

Rose
    Participant

I’ve never done longer than 24 hours. There are a very few who have tried those, and most found it was a point of diminishing returns and backsliding, but maybe someone with some luck will pipe up.

susan
    Participant

I did some alternate day fasting during my weight loss and it’s a pretty hard way to go. It’s not something I would recommend long term or for someone that doesn’t have much weight to lose, but it is another tool in the box.

When I first got going I really found it easier to just tell myself I wasn’t eating today. Knowing my body was using the fat for energy helped me. Surprisingly hunger doesn’t build and build. It comes in waves and often resets overnight. It’s mainly mental. You don’t want to end up on a cycle of starving and binging though, so try to have a good plan for what you will eat when you do break your fast.

Make sure to drink water throughout the day and any other no calorie drinks you enjoy. Also keep in mind you can have great success with shorter fasts too. 16 hours is my go to length these days. Good luck!

JayeGirl
    Participant

Thank you for the advice and support. I have a after fast meal in mind; salmon, sweet potato, and zucchini. I have 50 lbs. to lose so I am not deficient on fat storage and I hope it jump starts my fat burning since I have been on a plateau for a few weeks. The other thought I have is that if I can do this I can pretty much do anything. I am drinking water, Zevia, and tea. Thanks again!

JayeGirl
    Participant

I have reached my 36 hours on my fast and surprisingly I feel great. I had my sleepy time tea last night and went to bed with out any problems and woke up this morning feeling normal. No hunger pains which is really surprising to me.

janett123
    Participant

Well done girl! It really is such a great feeling having completed a fast – both mentally and physically. And it is a great tool too.

I generally never get hunger pangs in the morning either, I think you’re stomach actually shrinks during the night, that’s another reason fasting is great! 🙂

JayeGirl
    Participant

I did finish at 48 hours and I started to feel a little off the last couple hours of it. Also when I ate dinner it woke my stomach up and it was like “IM HUNGRY” so I had to make a conscious effort not to over eat. I think this was a great experience and I proved a lot to myself but I am going to stick with 24 and 36 hour fasts from now on. Thank you all for your support!

Julie
    Julie
    Participant

I enjoyed the 36h fasts once or twice a week during my transformation. The closer you get to my ideal waist size, the shorter your fasts need to be. They do help clear out a LOT of the mental clutter of hunger vs/ appetite. That is my favorite part of fasting.

gemma
    Participant

Just want to clarify that I’m doing things right.

I bought the Eat Stop Eat program, but I got a little confused so i went back to the start and read things again.

I did my fast on (monday) 23hrs then had a normal dinner and felt fine. My question is do i still skip breakfast after fasting has stopped? Or do i eat normal and just be careful?

JayeGirl
    Participant

For me I eat like normal until my next fast. If you normally skip breakfast then skip if not then eat.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

My FREE Book Offer for New Readers

Sign Up For My "Intermittent Fasting. Immersion" Newsletter and Get a Copy of Eat Stop Eat Book Absolutely FREE. Pay Only For Shipping!

You will also get my fresh ideas, practical insights & hacks delivered straight to your inbox.

I take your privacy seriously. No spam.